In the following exercises, convert each percent to ⓐ a decimal ⓑ a simplified fraction.
In the following exercises, convert each fraction to a percent. (Round to 3 decimal places if needed.)
In the following exercises, solve the percent problem.
- 65 is what percent of 260?
- What number is 27% of 3,000?
- 150% of what number is 60?
- Yuki’s monthly paycheck is $3,825. She pays $918 for rent. What percent of her paycheck goes to rent?
- The total number of vehicles on one freeway dropped from 84,000 to 74,000. Find the percent decrease (round to the nearest tenth of a percent).
- Kyle bought a bicycle in Denver where the sales tax was 7.72% of the purchase price. The purchase price of the bicycle was $600. What was the total cost?
- Mara received $31.80 commission when she sold a $795 suit. What was her rate of commission?
- Kiyoshi bought a television set on sale for $899. The original price was $1,200. Find:
ⓐ the amount of discount
ⓑ the discount rate (round to the nearest tenth of a percent)
- Oxana bought a dresser at a garage sale for $20. She refinished it, then added a 250% markup before advertising it for sale. What price did she ask for the dresser?
- Find the simple interest earned after 5 years on $3000 invested at an interest rate of 4.2%.
- Brenda borrowed $400 from her brother. Two years later, she repaid the $400 plus $50 interest. What was the rate of interest?
- Write as a proportion: 4 gallons to 144 miles is the same as 10 gallons to 360 miles.
- Solve for a: 12a=−1565
- Vin read 10 pages of a book in 12 minutes. At that rate, how long will it take him to read 35 pages?